We’re seeking a highly enthusiastic, self-motivated Application Engineer who will be a core member of the Sierra Experts development team.
You will need strong skills with various complex technologies, excellent self-management skills, and excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and oral.)
The selected candidate will design, develop, test and implement complex web-based, client-server and stand-along software components and applications. You will work with internal staff and customers to design and implement the technical aspects as well as the “look and feel” of sites and applications.
Applications development work includes the following:
- Database-driven, customer facing websites and portals
- Customized client/server and desktop application development and maintenance
This is a full-time position with excellent growth potential.
- Must develop code, and design and implement solutions for web-based, client/server, Windows services, and desktop applications.
- Must be able to define requirements and write specifications and testing plans.
- Troubleshoots issues by reproducing issues in a development environment or remote debugging and corrects errors as required (including possible periodic off-hours responsibilities.)
- Learns new development technologies and techniques as required and continually expands technical skill set as required.
- Must be familiar with Visual Studio or general debugging tools and techniques.
- Must be familiar with source control systems (git)
- Ensures that website and web0based applications are functional across different browsers.
- Works both independently and collaboratively to develop website concepts, interface design and architecture of internal and customer websites and applications.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems both independently and in a team environment.
- Operates under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to think critically with respect to all work performed, intended outcomes and approaches.
- Complete documentation of all work performed is required. This documentation is as follows:
- Work item management
- Application level documentation
- Inline documentation
- Documentation of time spent on work items
- Documentation of all issue resolution
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent education or work experience.
- At least 2 years of related experience with web development technologies and methodologies.
- Experience with data store architecture (schema design, data constraints, integrity, stored procedures, query optimization, etc.)
- DevOps (CI/CD) experience is a plus.
- Experience with IIS 7+ for Windows Server 2008 R2+ is preferred; Linux, Apache and Nginx configuration and management experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
- PTO, paid holidays
- Excellent opportunity for advancement
US Security clearance capability is required.
US citizenship required.
Local candidates only.
Please include all work and education history when applying.