Sierra Experts is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Tier 2 Network Engineer to be a core member of our operations team.
Position requires intermediate to advanced skills in implementing and managing high availability, mission critical infrastructure. Candidate should have a very strong skill set in one or more of the following areas: planning, configuring, implementing and maintaining network infrastructure (routers, switches, firewalls, WAPs, etc.).
We require a dedicated problem solver who can multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Position will work closely with other Operations Engineers and developers to help support small, medium and large-scale clients.
This is a full-time position with excellent growth potential.
- Work with customers to evaluate existing systems and develop design recommendations
- Contribute to the design of networks (routing and switching infrastructure; understanding concerns related to servers and applications)
- Document topologies and new designs
- Configure enterprise grade networking hardware (HP, Cisco, Barracuda, etc…)
- Troubleshoot intermediate to difficult network problems
- Thoroughly document all work performed
- Specify hardware and operating system requirements
- Configure and fine tune monitoring systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Documentation and implementation processes and procedures
- Manage multiple colocation facilities and customer environments
- Staying up-to-date with all relevant technologies and emerging technologies
- Minimal travel and some weekend work will be required
- Intermediate to advanced experience with configuring and managing enterprise networking platforms (HP, Cisco, etc.)
- Networking design and/or troubleshooting experience
- Some experience with server administration and ability to grow this skill set as required
- Intermediate understanding of advanced networking protocols and IP subletting; functional understanding of advanced routing protocols
- Base understanding and familiarity with VoIP/SIP configurations.
- Intermediate knowledge of VPN tunneling, including S2S VPN, IKEv1/2, remote access tunnels
- Intermediate knowledge of cross platform troubleshooting
- Vendor Certification or equivalent experience requested
- Two years’ practical experience with networking support and administration
- Familiarity with enterprise monitoring tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to obtain security clearances
Please include all work and education history when applying.