As the Project Coordinator, you will be accountable for overseeing custom enterprise software development projects including internal tools, SaaS products, and customer applications. This includes all aspects of these projects: scope definition, resource planning, budget management, risk management, compliance/validation, testing, and deployment from start to completion. You will coordinate efforts across teams as needed and collaborate with key business stakeholders. The selected candidate will have a proven track record in delivering custom software applications and have demonstrated effective facilitation and organizational skills.
Additionally, the selected candidate will extend and maintain the IT Project Portfolio Management process, successfully implementing new industry standards and best practices.
- Manage the project lifecycle including: scoping, project planning, resource planning, project kickoff, implementation, deployment, and stabilization. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meets business & technical requirements, and is within the agreed budget.
- Translate customer business capability needs into tactical plans and strategies with team support as required.
- Drive activities and coordination across many resource types: dedicated, shared, cross-functional, subject-matter experts, across multiple geographical locations.
- Effectively utilize varying methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile) and tools; monitors progress and adjusts as needed to successfully drive delivery from both the IT project team and the business stakeholders. Ensures effective team dynamics and decision-making, as well as effective interactions with all internal and external collaborators.
- Facilitates breaking down work stream requirements into lower level requirements to enable development activities.
- Responsible for project tracking appropriate for varying audiences (e.g. budget and status tracking, project documentation) and communication, adjusting as needed to the project methodology being utilized (waterfall: project plans, agile: burndown charts).
- Report on program progress across multiple work streams to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively anticipate, manage, and resolve issues and act as the point of contact for the IT program.
- Use best practice risk management, assessing risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and maintain trusting and collaborative relationships.
- Ensures compliance with company quality management systems, policies and procedures.
- Drives and enables team collaboration; Builds high morale and team commitments to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction.
- Contribute to establishing, evolving, and driving adoption of project and portfolio process standards and practices.
- 3-5 years project management experience in an application/software development environment, preferably with experience driving B2B custom software solutions.
- Proficient with project management principles (e.g. resource allocation, cost estimation, risk analysis).
- Demonstrated practical experience, flexibility, and adaptability with multiple methodologies (waterfall, agile) and tools.
- Experience working with geographically distributed clients with an ability to drive team collaboration, communication, and effectiveness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively articulate complex concepts and ideas to broad audiences.
- Proven track record of effective decision-making.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills; can effectively drive discussions and decisions toward desired results, able to get things done without formal authority.
- Experience partnering with vendors and consultants
Please include all work and education history when applying.