Position located in Pittsburgh PA – Robinson Township
We’re seeking a highly enthusiastic, self-motivated Networking Cabling and Server Operations Technician who will be a core member of the Sierra Experts engineering team.
You will need strong skills within various areas and technologies, excellent self-management skills, and excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and oral.)
The selected candidate will survey, evaluate, design, and install Network Cabling and associated infrastructure for Sierra and Sierra customers. You will work with internal staff and customers to design and implement the aspects as well as the professional appearance for installations at customer sites.
This is a full-time position with excellent growth potential.
- Assemble and arrange material and equipment.
- Must be able to define requirements and write specifications.
- Explain and verify service orders, drawings, specifications, particular needs, and instructions.
- Run, pull, stop and splice copper and fiber optic cables, such as CAT5, SE, CAT6, low voltage cables, and fiber. Fiber limited to premanufactured designs.
- Mount telecom equipment while adhering to best practices, industry standards, and manufacturer requirements.
- Aid in arranging routers, firewalls, install support structures, including racks, ladders, j-hooks, and switches using data provided by all teams within the organization
- Choose and verify cable pathways, conduct site surveys for clients, assist in designing, creating, and implementing standards and specifications.
- Maintain all documents related to cabling infrastructure.
- Technician should manage and maintain exact inventory for parts, tools, and supplies
- Maintain good relations with clients by listening to and then sorting out their issues or escalating the same
- Install access control systems and surveillance cameras
- Ability to understand signal flow and signal path
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems both independently and in a team environment.
- Operates under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to think critically with respect to all work performed, intended outcomes, and approaches.
US Security clearance capability is required.
US citizenship required.
Local candidates only.
Please include all work and education history when applying.