Position located in Pittsburgh PA – Robinson Township
We’re seeking a highly enthusiastic, self-motivated Application Development Engineer with experience in mobile (IOS and Android) and Web-based application development in a fast-paced environment.
The selected candidate will design, develop, test, and implement complex web-based and mobile applications. You will work with internal staff and customers to gather requirements as well as design and implement the technical and UI aspects of applications. Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
Applications development work includes the following:
- Database design and implementation
- API development
- Application front end development
- User Interface design and implementation
This is a full-time position with excellent growth potential.
- Must develop code, and design and implement solutions for web-based and mobile applications.
- Must be able to define requirements and write specifications and testing plans.
- Troubleshoots issues by reproducing issues in a development environment or remote debugging and corrects errors as required (including possible periodic off-hours responsibilities).
- Learns new development technologies and techniques as required and continually expands technical skill set as required.
- Must be familiar with Visual Studio or general debugging tools and techniques.
- Must be familiar with source control systems (git)
- Works both independently and collaboratively to develop concepts, interface design and architecture of internal and customer applications.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems both independently and in a team environment.
- Operates under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to think critically with respect to all work performed, intended outcomes and approaches.
- Complete documentation of all work performed is required. This documentation is as follows:
- Work item management
- Application-level documentation
- Inline documentation
- Documentation of time spent on work items
- Documentation of all issue resolution.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent education or work experience.
- At least 3 years of related experience with web development and mobile technologies and methodologies
- Experience with data store architecture (schema design, data constraints, integrity, stored procedures, query optimization, etc.)
- DevOps (CI/CD) experience is a plus
US Security clearance capability is required.
US citizenship required.
Local candidates only. Hybrid/remote work is considered.
Please include all work and education history when applying.